Technology, Performance & Safety
Founded in 1945, Duro Tyre is committed to product excellence and the highest standards of quality.
Utilising a combination of world-class R&D and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, Duro has grown to become an industry leader with multiple operations across Asia and the United States of America producing a staggering 50 million tyres per year.
The philosophy of Duro embraces a strong commitment to continuous innovation with a reputation of reliability, dependability and market adaption. Duro is ISO 9001 certified and E-Mark approved by European standards. All Duro products are supported by a full manufacture’s warranty and underwritten by liability insurance in the Australian market to ensure complete satisfaction and peace of mind.
Duro Moto & ATV tyres and tubes are produced in a extensive range of of sizes and applications to suit most popular models from Road, Off Road, Scooter & ATV, but it’s the premium quality, performance and new benchmark in value for money that puts Duro tyres in a league of their own.
Over 60 years of manufacturing rubber and tyres, we have withstood many challenges and maintains a reputation of reliability and dependability. With the fundamental principles based upon customer satisfactions, and through our enthusiatic Research and Development programs, we have remained a pivotal force in the global market for a long period of time.
- Hwa Fong Rubber was established in Yuan Lin, Taiwan, R.O.C. Production of bicycle Tyres and tubes started in 1945
- in 1959 The factory was reorganized to establish Hwa Fong Ind. Co., Ltd. and Mr. Hu Chang was elected Chairman of the company
- In 1970 The company was renamed Hwa Fong Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd
- In 1974 Factory transferred to current premises, Ta-Tsun Hsiang. Production of Industrial, Agricultural, Light Truck Tyres and tubes started. Obtained the “DOT” (Department of Transportation, U.S.A.) Registration.
- In 1978 Obtained the authorization of “CNS” (Chinese National Standard) Mark.
- In 1984 Established Hwa-Tan Factory.
- In bHwa Fong Rubber (Thailand) Co., Ltd. Officially established and approved by government.
- In 1979 Signed technical cooperation agreement with Sumitomo Rubber Industries Co., Japan (Dunlop, Japan)
- In 1989 Obtained JIS (Japan Industry Standard) Mark. Hwa Fong with the prestigious “Group Awards of Quality”
- In 1992 Established advanced Laboratory of High Molecular Chemistry. Established Hwa Fong Rubber (Hong Kong) Ltd. Established Hwa Fong Rubber (U.S.A.) Inc. Obtained the “Award of Gold Trade” in promoting DURO Brand by the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs
- In 1993 Awarded E Mark approval by EEC. Established Hwa Fong Rubber (China) Co., Ltd.
- In 1994 Obtained ISO 9001 Mark from the Bureau of Commodity Inspection & Quarantine, Ministry of Economic Affairs. Awarded the Symbol of Excellence Winners 1994 from Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- In 1999 Obtained ISO 14001 Certification
- In 2000 Hwa Fong Rubber (U.S.A.) Inc. established wheel factory. Stock published on T.S.E. list.
- In 2003 Mr. Steven Y. Chang was elected to be chairman. Mr.K.Y. Lai was assigned to be president. Established Hwa Fong Rubber (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. Hwa Fong Rubber (Thailand) Public Company Limited Stock published on S.E.T. Truck & Bus Tyres. Obtained the authorization of “CNS” (Chinese National Standard) Mark.
- In 2004 Production of STR & PCR Tire commenced.
Companies & Employees
- 3700 Employees
- Hwa Fong Rubber (Thailand) Public Company Limited Established
- Hwa Fong Rubber (Suzhou) Co., Ltd
- Hwa Fong Rubber (China) Co., Ltd
- Hwa Fong Rubber (U.S.A.) Inc
- Hwa Fong Rubber (Hong Kong) Ltd
- Hwa Fong Rubber (Singapore) Holding Pte Ltd
- HFR Holding Corp